AT Dynamics – IAN ROSS Autogenic Training
Most of us are aware that, to keep physically fit, we need to exercise the body regularly. In the west, it has taken us a long time to appreciate that to maintain general well-being and mental stability, we also need to exercise the mind on a regular basis. A fit body helps to keep a healthy mind, and a fit mind helps to keep a healthy body.
People who have learned AT commonly report:
- general well-being
- emotional balance
- coping ability
- inner strength
- ability to relax
- Improvements in quality of sleep
- reduced anxiety
- reduced pain
- less reliance on medication or other forms of therapy
- increased concentration
- increased self-confidence
- ability to remain calm under pressure
- helping to see life as a path / journey towards increasing wholeness.
- How to contact an Autogenic Therapist in the UK via the British Autogenic Society website which has a list of AT registered therapists.
- How to contact Ian Ross, and his approach to teaching AT.
- An extended Autogenic Dynamics section which includes papers / articles / talks by Ian Ross over the last decade or so. This section is mainly intended as a resource for other therapists, and as further reading for AT students who have completed or are learning basic AT – and are interested in the interlinks between well-being, how our brains work, and effective therapeutic approaches.